Do you want to keep your child safe at school, play, and everywhere else? A GPS tracker would be your best bet! A GPS provides you with regular updates to monitor your children’s arrival at school and at friends’ homes.
However, while these gadgets are sometimes a little pricy. The ideal baby GPS tracker for kids is comfortable and enjoyable to use, sturdy enough to last all day, and precise in its readings.
Here are some things to remember…
- User-friendliness: Select a tracker that is simple to use for both you and your youngster. It shouldn’t restrict their range of motion or cause them any discomfort.
- Age range: Check the suggested age range for any tracker you’re thinking about buying. If you’re concerned about older kids removing it, several contain anti-tamper measures.
- Durability: Because kids may be tricky, be sure their tracker can handle all of the roughhousing, horseplay, and other dangers they can throw at it. Look for versions that are waterproof and can withstand puddles and spills.
- Range: Not every GPS gadget is the same. Those that utilize cellular 4G LTE tracking can manage long-distance connections if your children go out of state, but Bluetooth gadgets are only good for short distances.
- Alerts and notifications: To minimize false alerts or blow up your phone, go for a gadget with configurable settings. Your device should be adjustable so that you may check in on your children whenever you want and be notified if there is a problem.
- Panic button: Some children’s GPS gadgets have a panic button that allows your child to inform you if anything is wrong or need assistance.
- Two-way communication: This function allows you to communicate with your kid through their tracker, similar to an intercom, to ask them where they are or if they need assistance.
- Real-time tracking is the most critical function when you need to know where your youngster is. You may customize your tracker’s app to provide you an updated location every minute to fifteen minutes by adjusting the settings.
- Additional features: Games and step counters encourage youngsters to wear their trackers. After all, the gadget will be useless if your youngster refuses to wear it or use it. Just make sure the games don’t get in the way.
Frequently Asked Questions About Baby GPS Tracker
Q. Why might a GPS tracker be beneficial for children?
A. While helicopter parenting is seldom essential, there are several situations in which a GPS tracker should be given to your kid. A GPS gadget, for example, may assist parents of children who reside in several families or have special needs in keeping track of their locations. In busy areas, toddlers and young children may benefit from wearing a tiny tracker on their shoelaces or clothing.
Q. Is it safe for children to use GPS trackers?
A. Yes, of course. GPS trackers make use of the same technology as our smartphones. These gadgets’ primary techs are Bluetooth, GPS finding, and cellphone transmissions.
Q. How frequently should I charge my children’s GPS trackers?
A. Most baby GPS trackers endure a few days with one charge. If you intend to use a tracker every day, charge it when they arrive home at night, just like you would a mobile phone.
Q. What is geofencing, and how does it work?
A. Geofencing is a function that may be found in various GPS trackers. It lets you create digital borders around places you trust, such as schools, houses, and communities. You’ll be notified when your youngster enters or exits that area.